Trillium Falls, California

Trillium Falls, California

Monday, January 10, 2011

One Little Word 2011

Just visited One Little Word 2011
What a grand idea to choose a word to write entries about. I visited one of my previous journal entries for 2010, at that time, I was writing about blessings in nature, and around me. Looking for the blessings in everyday life.

Today, I am looking for joy and "delight". That's my word for 2011 - Delight

Where will I find Delight in my everyday surroundings. When I find it, it will bring joy. Reminds me of a book by Natalie Babbitt, Searching for Delicious. The character in the story searches through the kingdom for the meaning of "delicious".

I'm searching through the kingdom for the meaning of Delight.

Yesterday, I went snowshoeing and delighted in the sounds of the Pine Siskins as they perched upside down on the branch of a balsam fir tree and twitted from branch to branch.

Today, I delighted in the sunshine, new ideas about teaching math, being waited on as I enjoyed a leisurely lunch of penne with julienne carrots and grilled chicken. For dessert, a warm, moist brownie topped with whipped cream and vanilla bean ice cream satisfied my chocolate cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment