Trillium Falls, California

Trillium Falls, California

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Reflections on Optimism

Inviting a spirit of gratitude to create optimism in our lives.

Visiting the nursing home yesterday, I was reminded of the need for optimism. One of the best ways to create optimism is to give thanks. An Attitude of Gratitude for the simplest of life's blessings. The sunrise, the pink tufts of clouds, the aroma of that first cup of coffee, the wiggle of my dog's body when she greets me, the crisp feel of the air upon my skin when I embark on my day's journey reminds me I'm alive, the crunch of the ice beneath my feet reminds me to slow down, to appreciate and be "in the moment", smiles upon others' faces as they welcome another person into their world, all blessings.



“Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment