Trillium Falls, California

Trillium Falls, California

Monday, January 16, 2017

Celebrating Life 2017

This year, I'm residing in the present moment, or at least trying on a daily basis. I've thought about One Little Word for 2017, but I couldn't settle on a word. (I always want to choose two or three!) In past years, I have chosen:
Joy and Blossom
This year I wanted something unique, of course, but something practical as well. As I work on my Yin this year and trying to be in the present moment, the word that keeps coming to me is:
Mindful
This OLW speaks to me.

Trying to be appreciative of my present moment, breathing in, breathing out, appreciative of even the little nuances of each encounter with everyday life. A gentle awareness of the people present in my daily encounters, an awareness free of judgement so I can "just be".

Mindful of the gifts each person, each living being has to offer to my experience. A chance to be aware and be curious of why people are present on my path, my life's journey.

What shall I learn from them?

What am I here to offer to their experience?

"Mindful"
.

No comments:

Post a Comment