Trillium Falls, California

Trillium Falls, California

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Love Signs from Beyond




Looking at photos this morning and choosing the butterfly to add some prose on mindfulness, my OLW for 2017. Getting ready for work, I chose a sweater with butterflies. After choosing earrings, I decided to add a butterfly pendant on a neckchain, a butterfly pendant that was my Mom's.

Then it washes over me, with a big smile, and watery eye, the realization . . .

March 2nd, my Mom's birthday!


I had wondered why the lyrics and melody of Whitney Houston's song, "I will always love you" entered my thoughts earlier while I was working on the butterfly poetry, and then it made sense. My Mom's presence enveloping and blessing me with Love on her birthday! Angels among us.


The butterfly picture was taken when I visited my children, Sarah, Josh and Emily last summer in Calif.

I share this celebration with Ruth Ayre's celebration of writing and all the other writers who share their life's blessings.

Discover. Play. Build.

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely remembrance, knowing that butterflies appeared to give a special nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, how wonderful that your butterfly brings back lovely memories for you. A feeling of exuberance washed over you and you shared that with us. Thank you for bringing sunshine to a very cold day with your thoughts, poem and beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you still feel your mother's presence.

    ReplyDelete