Trillium Falls, California

Trillium Falls, California

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Celebrating Life in February

February the month of LOVE, snow, and glistening sunrises.


I'm writing this on a Sunday morning. I missed my Saturday morning ritual. I did fit in the treadmill before reading student notebooks, and household chores.

On Friday night when I arrived home, my husband announced we were having company for Super Bowl. I felt the need to be more thorough with my share of the weekend cleaning. (Really it was more about getting rid of some of the clutter that had accumulated. How does that happen?)

I'm not a football fan, I don't know if it is the noise, or the huddle and then the pile-up, but it isn't a sport that I enjoy watching. Basketball, volleyball, or soccer are more action packed and enjoyable to watch, in my opinion.

But Super Bowl is different. Perhaps it's the snacks! Every time one of my students talked about Super Bowl on Friday, my thoughts went to yummy eats, creative commercials, and the half-time entertainment.

Perhaps it is the anticipation and excitement on a winter's night. I'm looking forward to good food, laughter, and cheer with family tonight!

This week, I celebrate my students who were busy writing heart notes to a fellow classmate, who was just diagnosed with a medical condition. They were busily writing their caring, encouraging messages on cut-out hearts to share with their friend, evidence of their empathy and caring. I was "mindful" of the LOVE present in the classroom on Friday.

Thanks to Ruth Ayres blog, and her writing, truly an inspiration to celebrate life's moments of blessings, and to be "mindful" of life's gifts.

Discover. Play. Build.

4 comments:

  1. It's so important to celebrate the small moments that sometimes can turn out to be big moments in the lives of others. Your students writing heart notes to a classmate. Sharing with friends on Super Bowl Sunday. Football is not my favorite sport either, but there is something about the Super Bowl that just pulls you in and makes you want to share and celebrate with others. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students who share the love have caring hearts. Super Bowl was fun evening of good food and friends watching the game and the half-time show. The commercials were keeping us buzzing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends and food and caring hearts are great reasons to celebrate. Lovely winterscape. Love your words: "February the month of LOVE, snow, and glistening sunrises."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maddy,
    I'm glad you've been celebrating. Your line "maybe it's the snacks" made me smile. Andy & I hosted a Super Bowl Party four 35 high school kids. We did the snacks right. ;)
    Happy writing,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete